The Punjab government is taking various steps for the benefit of the citizens of the state. We all know that a marriage certificate is an important document. This certificate is issued to couples who have registered for marriage. Now it has become mandatory for every couple to get a marriage certificate and register for marriage. This certificate is used as proof of a couple’s marriage. Citizens of the state will get the marriage certificate one month after the marriage registration. The Punjab government has launched the Punjab marriage certificate portal so that the citizens of the state can easily get the Punjab Marriage Certificate. Citizens of Punjab can apply for Punjab Marriage Certificate through this portal.
As we all know marriage certificate is a very important document nowadays which serves as proof of the marriage of a couple. And the government has now made marriage registration compulsory for all. So all the citizens who want to get Punjab Marriage Certificate must apply. Through this page, you will find all the information related to Punjab Marriage Certificate, such as – Purpose, Benefits, Features, Important Documents, Eligibility Criteria, and Punjab Marriage Registration Application Process, etc. If you would like to know more about the Marriage Registration Certificate, we suggest you read this page in its entirety.
Brief project description
|Scheme||Punjab Marriage Certificate|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of Punjab will benefit from this scheme.|
Punjab Marriage Certificate About
The marriage certificate is an important document for every citizen of India, so it has become mandatory for all citizens to have a marriage certificate and marriage registration as proof of marriage. It is mandatory for every citizen of our country, regardless of their religious beliefs, to obtain a marriage certificate as proof of marriage after marriage. This marriage certificate also plays an important role in creating a variety of documents. So all the citizens who want to get the marriage registration certificate must apply. The Punjab government has launched an official portal for marriage registration, through which citizens of the state can apply for the Punjab Marriage Registration Certificate.
Earlier, all the citizens of the state had to go to various government offices in the state to get their marriage certificates. But now no citizen has to go to any government office. The Punjab government has now launched the Punjab marriage registration online portal for all citizens of the state to apply for marriage registration certificates. Citizens of the state can apply at home through this system. This method will save the citizens both money and time. And with that comes system transparency. All couples in the state will receive this marriage registration certificate one month after the marriage. According to the instructions of the concerned government authorities, if a couple does not get a marriage certificate, the couple will have to pay a fine of Rs 2 per day.
Read it also- Punjab Rozgar Guarantee Scheme
Punjab Marriage Registration 2022Highlights Key
|Scheme||Punjab Marriage Certificate|
|Name of the department||Law Department Register General of Marriages|
|Name of state||Punjab|
|Issued||Marriage registration certificate is issued.|
|Issued in||Government Of Punjab|
|Issued to||Wedded couples|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of Punjab will benefit from this scheme.|
|Objective||A marriage certificate will be provided to couples in Punjab.|
|Post category||State government scheme|
|Official website||Click Here|
Punjab Marriage Certificate objective
Below we will give you some information about the purpose of the Punjab Marriage Certificate –
The Punjab Government has launched the Punjab Marriage Certificate online portal for the benefit of all the citizens of the state. Through this portal, all citizens of the state will be able to apply for a marriage registration certificate as proof of their marriage. The main purpose of the Punjab Marriage Certificate is to provide a certificate as proof of the marriage of a couple after marriage. These certificates also play an important role in creating various types of government documents. Citizens of Punjab can apply for Punjab Marriage Certificate through both offline and online modes.
Since the government has now launched the Punjab Marriage Registration online portal for the convenience of the citizens, there is no need for any citizen to go to any government office to generate this certificate anymore. You can apply for a marriage certificate through the online portal from your home. This method will save citizens both time and money, and with it the transparency of the system. For those citizens who want to apply marriage certificate offline in offline mode, we inform you that offline mode is available for the marriage certificate.
Read it also- Punjab Anaaj Kharid Portal Registration
Punjab Marriage Certificate Online Apply Benefits
Below are all the benefits of Marriage Certificate Punjab –
The marriage certificate serves as an important document for all citizens of the country.
It has become mandatory for all citizens, regardless of their religious beliefs, to obtain a marriage registration certificate as proof of marriage after marriage.
- The Punjab Marriage Certificate serves as proof of the marriage of all couples in the state.
- Marriage certificates also play an important role in the preparation of various official documents. For example – PAN card name change, Visa, immigration, etc. documents.
- A couple should have a marriage certificate as proof of marriage. Because for a couple the marriage certificate serves as an important document as proof of marriage.
- The Punjab Marriage Certificate will be available one month after the couple’s marriage.
- Besides, according to the government authorities, if the couple does not get the marriage certificate after marriage, the couple will have to pay a fine of Rs 2 per day.
- Citizens of the state now do not need to go to any government office to apply for Punjab Marriage Certificate. Citizens can apply for Punjab Marriage Certificate online from their home.
- The Punjab government has launched Punjab marriage registration online portal for the citizens of the state. Citizens will be able to apply for their marriage certificates through this portal. Citizens can apply for a marriage certificate through offline mode if they want.
- The online system will save citizens time and money, as well as bring transparency to the system.
- The marriage registration certificate also serves as an important document in opening a joint husband-wife account.
- All the citizens of the state who want to register for their marriage can avail the benefits of this scheme.
Read it also- पंजाब लेबर कार्ड रजिस्ट्रेशन
Marriage Certificate fees in punjab
Citizens who want to register marriage certificate a marriage certificate must first apply for Punjab Marriage Certificate registration. The government charges a fixed fee for marriage registration. 100 for one month, Rs. 250 for one year girls, and Rs. 300 for one year and above. The applicant has to register Punjab Marriage by paying this fixed fee. The Marriage Registration Certificate serves as an important document for all citizens. So marriage registration is now mandatory for all couples.
Punjabi Marriage Registration eligibility criteria
Find out below about the Eligibility Criteria issued by the government authorities for Punjab Marriage Certificate –
- To get Punjab Marriage Registration Certificate, the applicant must be a permanent resident of Punjab.
- Either the bridegroom or the bride has to be a permanent resident of Punjab.
- The groom should be at least 21 years old, and the bride should be at least 18 years old.
- The marriage must be registered one month after the marriage.
- In case of remarriage, submission of death certificate of husband and wife is mandatory.
- If the bride and groom are divorced, it is obligatory to issue a certificate of divorce.
Note: The applicant must follow all these eligibility criteria to get the Punjab Marriage Registration Certificate.
Marriage registration from Punjab required documents
The documents issued for obtaining a marriage certificate are –
- Aadhaar card for both bride and groom.
- Passport size photo of both bride and groom.
- Age certificate of both bride and groom.
- A picture of the wedding time of the bride and groom.
- Witness identity card.
- If you want to change his name in the corner after marriage, then the certificate certified by the officer.
- Certificate of No Objection from Foreign Embassy (if married abroad).
- Divorce certificate is mandatory if one is divorced by the bride or groom.
- Death certificate of husband or wife for remarriage.
Note: The applicant must have all these documents to apply for Punjab Marriage Registration. If the applicant does not have these documents then he/she will not be eligible for this certificate.
How to apply for Punjab Marriage Certificate online
Beneficiaries in the state who want to apply for Punjab Marriage Registration online are required to follow the procedure given below –
- The applicant must first enter the official website of the Punjab Government.
- After entering the official website you will see the option of Punjab Marriage Certificate on the homepage. You have to click on that option.
- Then Punjab marriage certificate online application form will appear in front of you.
- You will need to fill in all the information requested in the application form.
- After completing all the required information you will need to upload important documents.
- Then you have to click on submit button. After clicking the submit button your application will be completed.
- You can easily apply marriage certificate online through this method.
How to apply for Punjab Marriage Certificate Offline
For all the beneficiaries in the state who want to apply for Punjab Marriage Certificate offline, I would like to inform you that you can register a marriage certificate offline. You can apply for an Offline Marriage Registration Certificate through the following processes:
- First you need to go to the nearest municipality office in your area.
- Then you need to collect a Punjab marriage registration application form from the office.
- Then you have to fill in all the information asked in the application form. Such as – your name, mobile number, email id, etc.
- After completing all the required information you will need to attach the documents mentioned in the application form.
- You will then need to submit the form to your nearest office.
- Following this procedure, you can apply Punjab marriage certificate offline.
We hope you have found the answers to all your questions from the post of Punjab Marriage Certificate 2022. If you still have any questions you can ask us through our comment box, we will be back to answer your questions shortly.
Punjab Marriage Certificate FAQ
Yes, all citizens of Punjab can apply to register their marriage through both offline and online modes. Since the Punjab government has started a marriage registration online portal, citizens do not need to go to any government office to register their marriage.
If you want to download marriage certificate online then you have to go to the official website of Punjab government punjab.gov.in.
The government charges a certain fee for the registration of marriage certificates from the applicants. 100 for three months, Rs. 250 for one year, and up to Rs. 300 for one year for registration of a marriage certificate.